Bundles Of Advice
Unplug To Reconnect
Sometimes when things get on top of us, it’s a great idea to step away from our everyday lives for a little while. Reconnecting with what matters can be as simple as taking some time out from all the noise of text messages, notifications, emails and social media to a space where you can reflect, recharge and learn to be present.
5 Quick tips to help you unplug from your daily rut
- Keep your phone out of the bedroom
- Create tech-free zones
- Meditate, give your mind a workout
- Create daily tech free times
- Give someone your full attention when you are with them. Switch off your phone and listen
Sharing Your Skills And Talents
Quote: Giving is a shortcut to happiness! (Adrianna Huggington)
When you look at the world, what do you see? You may not realise it, but you have the power to make a difference, even in the smallest way.
- Make a list of the skills and talents you have
- Who do you think could benefit from your talents and skills?
- Have a look at who you will reach out to and share your unique skills and talents with
- Write down five people in your support network you’d like to add value to
- Choose a project in your community and serve them with your skills and talents
Power Thoughts…training your mind for a better you
Is the way you thinking working for you and supporting you to feel and act well? If your answer is NO, here are a few tips that will help you get back on track:
- Be more playful, find or create situations where you can laugh, chat and play a bit more
- Give your mind a break…take time out from thinking by developing hobbies and activities that relaxes you
- Practice forgiveness- holding a grudge is stressful and exhausting and really harmful to your health
- Practice self-compassion – Forgive yourself – letting go is a miracle in itself
- Practice sympathetic joy – start taking delight in others’ good fortune
Are you holding back? Stuck in neutral, not moving forward on plans you say you want to see come true? What’s really holding you back? When you find yourself procrastinating, there is something going on and you need to dig deep to find out what it is that is keeping you stuck.